July 22, 2003

I'm here, but not here

Sort of in limbo, though I've finally got the office set up. If all goes well, I can get back to The Rewrite shortly. School is going to keep me very busy. I'm going to be doing a hell of a lot of writing there (a good thing, of course). But it's all going to be new stuff. So I have to have this rewrite done before then. Had an interview for a job today that looks promising. So, just as the very last pennies trickle out of my bank account, I might be able to settle down and stop worrying about how I'm going to survive the next two months before school starts.

I cannot wait to start school. I've had some contact with faculty members (including the department chair) and the more I learn about the program the more excited I become. I hope the program lives up to my expectations. Heh.

I'm thinking of revamping the weblog to include a focus on my schooling when it starts. If it's everything it's cracked up to be I'd like to give my fellow writers a peek into Columbia's writing program.

Should hear about the job by the end of the week. Wish me luck.

'Nuf said.