May 12, 2003

Taking Time Off

As much as I hate to do this, I think I might be setting aside the novel until school gets out. I'm afraid if I don't, I'll continue to slack off and I've gone through too much crap to get these classes to let my grades go down the tubes. Now, I'm not sure I'll actually stop working on the book completely. I'll probably pick at it when time permits. Still, I know myself too well. Unless I put it aside for now, the book will take over. It's more important to me than fulfilling a couple general-ed requirements. My earlier forays into college suffered for the same reason.

It's only about three more weeks, though. Not long at all. I still think I can finish the rewrite before the end of June. Very early July at the latest.

This also means I won't have much to blog about, but I'm sure I'll stop in every once in a while to whine about my lack of writing. (This is assuming I can actually separate myself from the book.) Anyway, wish me luck.