August 20, 2002

Long Time No Shorts

This goes both for writing and my attire. Here it is, mid-August and for the past four or five days it's been nothing but gray skies and chilly gloom. Did I happen to mention I live in "Sunny" California. So I haven't worn shorts in a while. But that's not really what I wanted to write about. Today I plan to start work on that short story idea I've been kicking around. Got a little outline for it and I'm hoping to get at least 1000 words done on it today. Maybe more if I'm lucky, but I have lots of errands to run and all that.

Tonight is BN class and I'm excited. Looking forward to moving forward with the book. I like my outline; I like my characters. I figure I should keep running with this before the self-doubt catches up to me. Almost did the other day, but I've recovered since.

All right, it's off to work on the short. It's been some time since I wrote a short story. I was never very good at the form. Maybe I can nail it this time.