February 12, 2003

Printed and Prepping

Printed out The Novel last night. Looks huge to me. It will be time to rewrite soon. I'm both nervous and excited. I keep telling myself anything that sucks can be changed. I do know there's some stuff that doesn't suck, but has to be changed anyway because of some major alterations that came late in the writing. Pretty big changes if memory serves. Guess we'll see. I have written on my calendar that I would start rewrites about 6 weeks after I finished the first draft--give myself some distance on the thing. However, I think I'll probably start sooner than that. I wouldn't know what to do with myself for that long. What's worse--I'm afraid the longer I let it sit, the easier it will be to let it sit for good and move onto something else, thus perpetuation the vicious cycle of antirevisionitis that has plagued me since the day I started writing stories. I could bury you and a friend with all my first drafts that never made it to a second drafts.